Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Rice
Course / Category: Vegetarian, Rice Dish
Tags: Vegetarian Rice Dish
Basmati rice: 1 cup
Oil: 1 tsp for cooking rice
Beans: 1/4 cup finely chopped
Carrot: 1/4 cup finely chopped
Cabbage: 1 cup shredded
Capsicum: 1/4 cup finely chopped
Raisins: 3 tbsp
Cashew: 3 tbsp
Refined oil: 2 1/2 tbsp
Garlic: 1 1/2 tbsp
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Vinegar: 1 tsp
Soya sauce: 2 – 3 tsp
Salt and Pepper powder to taste
- Soak Basmati rice for 30 minutes and cook adding 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and a tsp of oil. Once cooked, fluff it with a fork and spread it on a plate to cool.
- Finely chop beans, carrot & capsicum. (beans & carrot cook for 1 min in boiling water)
- Mince garlic and ginger.
- Shred cabbage into thin fine strips.
- Heat oil in a pan, when the oil is very hot, add garlic and ginger, saute for a few seconds.
- Then add beans and fry for a few seconds, followed by carrot, cabbage, capsicum.
- All the vegetables should be saute on high flame and continuous stirring is necessary.
- Add cooked rice, soya sauce, vinegar, needed salt and pepper powder.
- Then add fried raisins & cashew.
- Mix well and serve hot.
The whole procedure should be done on high flames.
Chop the vegetables finely