It is a traditional common snacks in Kerala. It is a very healthy snacks without oil, sugar (can be added at the time of serving if necessary) and made of rice flour and coconut. It can be stored for long time without refrigerator.
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 8 Persons
Main Ingredients: Rice Flour, Coconut
Course / Category: Snacks
Tags: Snacks, Kerala Snacks
Rice Flour (not roasted) (Same as for Puttu Podi): 4 Cups
Finely Grated Coconut: 2 Cups
Cumin Seeds: 1.5 tsp
Salt: As per taste
Sugar: As per taste (only at the time of serving)
1. Mix rice flour, grated coconut, cumin seeds and salt and keep it aside for some time to get them blend well.
2. Roast the mixture in a kadai on a low flame.
3. Roast until a rice flour and grated coconut gets nicely roasted and light brown in color.
4. Keep it for cooling.
5. It can be serve as it is with sugar (if needed)
6. Grind the mixture in a mixture to make it combined.
7. Serve with sugar / sliced banana (If needed and only at the time of serving. Don’t add sugar for storing)
Used for making avalose unda / mavunda / roasted rice balla