Vegetable Pulavo or pulav is an easy to make rice dish which everybody will love. You can make it at home easily with available ingredients. When you want a change from your common rice dish, use this as an option.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Soaking Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 – 30 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
Main Ingredients: Rice, Vegetables
Course / Category: Main Dish
Tags: Vegetable Pulavo, Pulav, Easy rice dish
Rice (Basmati): 1.5 cup
Oil: 2 tbsp
Bay leaf: 1 no.
Star Anise: 1 no.
Green Cardamom: 3 – 4 nos.
Clove: 6 nos.
Cinnamon: 2 inch
Fennel Seeds: ½ tsp.
Onion (medium Size): 1 no.
Green Chilly (Slit): 2 no.
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1.5 tsp.
Vegetables (Sliced) (As per your choice): 1 cup
Salt: As required
Water: 2.5 cup per 1 cup rice
1. Soak rice for 15 min.
2. Saute dry spices in hot oil until they sizzle
3. Add onions and saute until it becomes golden
4. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell goes
5. Add all the vegetables into it and saute for 2 – 3 minutes
6. Pour water into the mix and add salt
7. Bring the water to a rolling boil
8. Add drained rice and stir
9. Cover it with a lid
10. Cook until water evaporates